A recent poll shows about 20% of Americans suffer from debt related stress. Here are a few things and article from USA Today pointed out that these people suffer from:
- 44% had migraines or other headaches, compared with 15% with low debt stress.
- 29% suffered severe anxiety, compared with 4%.
- 23% had severe depression, compared with 4%.
- 6% reported heart attacks, double the rate for those with low debt stress.
- More than half, 51%, had muscle tension, including pain in the lower back. That compared with 31% of those with low levels of debt stress.